Here is the general information :
- I created and attached standard SSD datadisk on the creation of the ubuntu VM.
- Aplication files were on the datadisk.
- I mounted datadisk following this tutorial except one difference : mounting disk on the $HOME/datadrive/ instead of /datadrive.
- I resized Azure Linux VM size from B1s (1GB RAM) to B1ms (2GB RAM).
- Server is restarted as expected.
- After connecting via shh and listing content of the ~/datadrive, I realized that all the data is lost.
Is it because of the mounting under the home directory?
What should I do to not experience data lost in the disk again?
This is not anwering my question.
Here is the content of /etc/fstab :
# CLOUD_IMG: This file was created/modified by the Cloud Image build process UUID=bdf328db-9606-49ba-8e44-5e1299ae56f0 / ext4 defaults,discard0 0 UUID=54D1-0F3A /boot/efi vfat defaults,discard 0 0 UUID=b08e9d03-eec1-4517-b09c-b349e7791923 /datadrive xfs defaults,nofail 1 /dev/disk/cloud/azure_resource-part1 /mnt auto defaults,nofail,x-systemd.requires=cloud-init.service,comment=cloudconfig 0 2